30 November 2013

50,000 page views! My top 5 landscape photos - No. 5

Wow! My blog has now had over 50,000 page views! Not what I anticipated when I first started but I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to read my blog and hope you have gotten something out of it :)

To celebrate 50,000 views I am sharing my top 5 views of my favourite landscapes with you in pictures over the next few days, with a little bit about why I chose it. I will post 1 "view" for every 10,000 page views (love a good play on words). These pictures are all my personal photos of places I have been (unless otherwise stated) and therefore are pretty limited to my favourite holiday snaps within Australia and parts of the United States.

In no necessary order:

No. 5 – Moraine Lake – Alberta, Canada






You may have seen this on my Instagram account already, it is one of my favourite photos from my holiday last year. Moraine Lake is just a short drive from the town of Banff, right in the middle of the Canadian Rockies. This was the first stop during a road trip to a Columbia Icefields along the Icefields Parkway. There were plenty of other stunning destinations along the way but this was my personal favourite. It was early morning in October and I don't know if it was the altitude but the view from the lookout left me speechless. I left feeling completely calm, at peace and inspired and wanted to hang out there all day. Stunning.

For more info on Moraine Lake visit:

http://www.wildcanada.net/moraine-lake.html
http://www.banff.ca/

Have you been to Moraine Lake? What are some of your favourite views? Share with me on Instagram or Twitter @flick_kitty and hashtag #50Kviews #flickofapproval

Check back soon for No. 4

Flick xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.